Monday, March 6, 2017

Springer Mt. - Neel Gap

Trail log

Day 1

Today I got to start hiking at 9:45 AM.  (Late start)  I started with 6 others from the hiker hostel after we had a great breakfast. 

I felt great today.  I made great pace and my legs felt strong.

This may actually have been the best fucking day of my life.  The views in Georgia are beautiful and the trail is easy compared to anything I've ever hiked before.

I made it to the gooch gap shelter at 5pm today.  Which puts my day mileage total at 16.7!!!

I plan on getting a much earlier start tomorrow and am shoot for Neel Gap in 2 days!


Day 2

Mileage 8.2

Today I learned things.  First, don't sleep at too big of angle.  I slid into the bottom of my tent all night...

Second, don't walk and look at the view at the same time.  I rolled my ankle slightly.  No bruising or swelling though and its only slightly sore.  Decided to take it easy for a bit. 


Day 3

Mileage total will be 11.5

Went over blood mountain and got to Neel Gap today.  Spent a while there and got a hot shower and resupply.  Now about to hike into camp.

Ankle is a little swollen and bruised today, but has felt fine all day.  Bought a brace and am just going to cruise the next few days and rest it.

Trying to get to dicks creek and stay at the top of georgia hostel in a few days.

Looks like wifi here can't handle pictures.  Ill post some as soon as I can!

--Strider


4 comments:

  1. Exciting! How was the train ride to Gainesville?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The train ride was long and full. I hope you dont get stuck next to someone like I did. I was glad to have a rest day before starting!

      Delete
    2. I depart on Easter Sunday so hoping that means the train won't be quite as full. :shrug:

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete