Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Marion, VA -- Daleville, VA




























So I suck and deleted my daily blog 2 days ago by accident. 

I'm at mile 730 and we got taken in by the nicest family for an unannounced 0 in the pouring rain.

So instead I figured I would rant a bit about a few different things.

First, the amount of trash on the trail and at the shelters is atrocious.   Every day I have seen and picked up trash, since being out here.  What. The. Fuck.  I don't understand in this environment how you could leave full plastic bags of trash in a shelter. I tried a lot in the beginning, but its actually pretty hard to stop and pick up every piece or be able to take all the trash out of the shelters.  Ugh...

The second thing I've been dealing with is super low energy all morning until I eat lunch.  I am making some switches in when I eat.  So now I am eating a ton in the morning and then snacking the rest of the day when I feel like I need it. I have also bumped up to 4000 calories and 100 grams of protein. So far it seems a lot better and hopefully does well all this week.

Lastly,  I have been rushing lately and just getting into our next campsite a lot in the last few weeks.  A few days ago I decided to stop and see more things and take time and enjoy the world more.  It has been just wonderful.  I've seen so much cool shit.  I find I walk with a smile around every corner.

--Strider


1 comment:

  1. I agree. There's either trash of some sort or spilled food that the person didn't clean up. Nice job hitting 1/4.

    ReplyDelete